All Aboard the Christmas Train

Toot-toot - jump on board for a fun-filled adventure filled with candy canes and hot chocolate!

I created this fun little train using templates from My Scrap Chick.  All three parts of the train come with an index, photos of the finished product and numbered pages with everything you need to create this train.

I used lots of scrap pieces of Christmas paper and bright Bazzill cardstock to create my candy Christmas train.  I carefully traced each element with my stylus, then cut the pieces out with my scissors.  I used my hot glue gun to secure all the pieces quickly and permanently.

I have used some doodled lines to define areas, added Christmas decorations, paper straws and pom-poms for a smoke trail and snowballs.


I filled in my little windows with thin Christmas paper so that I could add a battery operated tea light for night-time fun.


For the smoke stack, I cut a piece of acetate in a horseshoe shape.  Then I added some white pom-poms.  The acetate holds the pom-poms up nicely but you don't see it.


The middle carriage holds a glass bauble that I filled with faux snow, paper curls and a Christmas image from Kenny K Stamps.  I printed the image and coloured it with my Copics.  Then I carefully and gently rolled it up so I could fit it through the top of the ball.  Then using a chopstick, I gently flatened the image out again. I added a pom-pom to the girl's hat and some glitter and gloss.  Lastly I secured the image to the top, added the lid, some ribbon and decorations.  I tucked in some more snowballs so the baubel sit's nicely in the truck.  You can remove the bauble and hang on your tree too.


The caboose has had the windows filled in, and a battery operated candle can be popped inside.  I used some patterned papers to create the flag, and added it to a toothpick, then slotted it through the roof.


The completed train looks fantastic as a table decoration, and lights up nicely in the dark.


I have joined the following challenges:

Whoopsy Daisy Challenge - Christmas in July (m)
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything goes (w)
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything goes (2w)
Morgan's Artworld - Anything goes (2w)

4 comments

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! such a great project..I love it totally..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fantastic and amazingly creative project Sarah! I just saw you'd made Top 5 over on Crafty Gals Corner. So deserved hun! Congratulations!!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas train is absolutely wonderful Sarah, I love it. You've added so many cute details thru out the whole train. The smoke stack is so clever! Thank you.

Arlene said...

An incredible project. Beautifully done. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.