International Women's Day

Today is International Women's Day, a day when women all over the world are acknowledged for their achievements throughout history right across the world.

I wanted to make a beautifully bright card for someone special that conveyed just how awesome and fantastic they are.  So I chose some bright patterned paper, added lots of doodling and a sweet image from Some Odd Girl.  I coloured her in during their 12 Days of Colouring Challenge and now I've found the perfect card to add her to.

I layered the patterned papers and doodled borders, then I added some resin flowers, gems and trimmed a tag to add as a sentiment.  I added some leaves with my copics, and glossed the girl's eyes and bangle.


Lastly I added a metal clip with a little pom pom.  I attached the little pom pom onto the clip myself using some pliers - I love the look, so I think I'll make some for my planner!

I have joined the following challenges:

Unicorn Challenge Blog - Make it Girly (m)
Little Miss Muffet Challenge - Anything Goes (w)
Simon Says Stamp - Girl Power (w)
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes (w)
Creative Moments Challenge Blog - Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist (w)



7 comments

karto_flana said...

Hello,
I like Your creation so much! Thank You for joining us at Creative Moments challenge. Hugs DT Ella

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card,hanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sarah :-) the image is so lovely and the papers and doodling are fabulous! Love the little pom pom too, how cute is that! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Becca Sadler said...

I just love how you styled this card! The bold black lines outlining sections is such a strong graphic element and so are the mix of colors and patterns! Thanks for sharing your card at PPCC blog! Becca=DT

Beatriz said...

Lovely card with great image and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week. We look forward to seeing you again next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous - good luck to you and sorry for the late comment - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty - Michelle x

Maria Valente said...

Lovely creation! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative Moments Challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)