Be Magical Today

One of my favourite shows growing up was I dream of Jeannie - I loved her outfits, her house in a bottle and the funny antics her and her Master would get up to.  I used this same image in an I Dream of Jeannie pocket letter because I love it so much.  You can get the image from The East Wind and find so many other beautifully drawn images for all occasions.

I created this image by printing two copies.  The head I have raised on 3D foam dots.  I used my clear Stickles to create her veil and organza pants.  The glue is very sugary and makes it not only texture rich but it looks shimmery and just like real organza.  I glossed her eyes, lantern and lips and added gems to her face, ear and bra-top.

The whole image was carefully cut around and then raised on 3D foam dots, which was layered over the patterned and plain paper.  I used a sketch from Sketch Saturday to plan my card.  I tilted the sketch to the left, so the curved bazzill is just behind her, and I mimicked the shape with the cloud paper too.


I doodled around the papers and added an acetate bubble shape. I accented the bubbles with gems.  Lastly I added the sentiment and some light pink organza ribbon.


I have joined the following challenges:

Hiding in my Craftroom - Super Scraps Saturday (w)
Just us Girls - Shiny (w)
Morgan's Art World - Anything Goes (w)
Cardz TV - Anything Goes (w)
In the Pink Challenge - Fantasy (2w)

8 comments

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow this is just so gorgeous. Lovely colours and lovely work.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

Darnell said...

Who didn't love I Dream of Jeannie?! This is amazing and I love the way you made the bubbles flowing from her magic bottle!! Thank you for playing at JUGS! It's a pleasure to meet you!! Hugs, Darnell

Beverly S. said...

Wow...Your card is awesome! You did a beautiful job with the coloring! I especially love how you did the veil. I loved watching I Dream of Jeannie too when growing up. :)
Glad you could join the fun at Sketch Saturday this week!

Beverly

Judy Woodland said...

What a wonderful creation you have here. All the elements are so well thought out, right down the the Stickles for texture on her pants and veil. Nice coloring as well. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!
Judy~ JUGS DT, Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place}

Larissa said...

Very pretty card, I love how you coloured the image. Thanks for joining us at In the pink, we hope to see you again soon!

Hugs,
Larissa

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that's fab Sarah! Queen of doodling, you need to get your doodles down to Sweet Stampin' this week, we've a doodling challenge! So thought of you when I saw that!! Fab creation hun, love the sheer sparkle on her veil. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Bobby said...

I thought of that show the minute I saw your card, Sarah. You've done a beautiful job coloring and glittering up your card. And the fussy cutting it spot on, something I'm terrible at. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Just Us Girls.

Arlene said...

So pretty. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.