Little Peter Rabbit

You remember the song right? "Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose...." well I used to sing that to my kindy children all the time, they loved the hand actions and movements and I loved being able to incorporate my love of bunnies in anything that I do lol.

We're not allowed bunnies as pets here in Queensland, Australia.  They're considered a pest and there are huge fines if you're caught with one.  We even have a rabbit proof fence that spans the entire length of Western Australia with smaller fences along it!

Well I managed to spot a Peter Rabbit bunny in a Build-a-Bear shop and absolutely wasn't going to leave without one.  I can't wait for the movie to come out, so I thought I'd make my own Peter Rabbit/ Easter Bunny mix for Easter!

I used a template from My Scrap Chick and adapted it a little so that it had the same eyes as Peter, and of course his little jacket. I also added the furry tail.

What do you think? Did he steal your heart too - along with my Easter eggs?


So there you have them - Big Peter and little Peter.  I distressed the edges of all the paper elements on my Belly Box so that they looked a little furry and I added some wiskers.

I have joined in the following challenges:

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (w)
Lemon Shortbread Challenge - Anything Goes (2w)
Love to Craft - Anything Goes (m)
Cardz TV - Anything Goes (w)
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Easter Character & Why
Simon Says Stamp - Easter Inspired (w)
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Is Any Bunny There? (w)



7 comments

Wendy L said...

So sweet, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous treat box :-) the little bunny is adorable, such a cute little face and I love your peter rabbit too :-)

I didn't realise you couldn't have pet rabbits there, but I do know that there was a lot of problems with rabbits a while ago and they introduced a nasty virus to try to get rid of them :-(

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Through the craft room door this week.

Craftyhugs said...

Adoreable!

Thanks so much for entering the challenge over on the moving along with the times Blog and good luck


Moving along with the times Blog

CraftyHugs-Dt member of Moving along with the times personal blog

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Thank you for sharing your work with us over at LTCCB and good luck

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely Easter treat box you have made here which fits perfectly the Lemon Shortbread Monthly Challenge this fortnight. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Lemon Shortbread Design Team Member).

Zw@@n said...

Cute box, Sarah. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma